Friday, December 02, 2005

Rats, etc.

I don't know what to say,
so i'll start with a quote:

"The thing about the rat race is...
even if you win it, you're still a rat."

No, i haven't run into any actual rats here, thanks to the multitudes of stray kitties.
Hanging out alongside the stray kitties are the stray dogs and the stray chickens and the stray cows. They may have owners, but you could never tell. They hang out in the public park and eat the grass, around the playgrounds, in front of my block, everywhere. It makes for an interesting living situation that I hadn't even thought to mention because it's become such a normal occurrence that I don't even flinch when I almost trip over a cow or rooster as i walk out my front door in the morning. One day last week, a herd of cows was on the loose on the main street, helping themselves to the cabbages and fruits sitting outside of the grocery stores. I didn't see it, but lived to hear the tale. These are the groundbreaking news in Momchilgrad for the day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home