Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Sounds of Silence

What is this thing?
This thing called life?
It seems so full of suffering and strife...
But beneath the world, the world of forms,
beneath the world of shifting norms,
a well of joyfulness resides-
a spring of deep peace waits, abides.
Will you meet me in this spring of eternity?
Will you meet me and dare, dare to be free?
For it only appears when we join in our hearts,
it only appears when we play our true parts.
It appears when we follow the call of our joy.
It appears when we hollow this 'self' we employ.
It is my deepest, most ardent, true heart's desire-
to see you, meet you, know you...there.
There in the spring, there's no need to beware.
There's no thoughts to defend and nothing to fear.
Love is the light and Light is the air.
Joy's omnipresent and there's no need for hair.
I will see you, meet you, know you...there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Your comment on my journal totally made my day! And you made me grin just now when I saw one of your interests is "loving live":-) Amen! Hell yes! Actually, Caroline had showed me your blog when I visited her recently, and I'd been meaning to write. I miss you too. (Couldn't you have waited a year before joining the Peace Corps!)I've been curious about Herman Hesse. What book do you recommend starting with?
love,Cara

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home